Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics

That yellow wrench light is on, below gas gauge, small

Customer Question

that yellow wrench light is on
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: below gas gauge, small wrench , yellow
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2007 accord
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: wouldn't try anything-just want to know if it's OK to drive.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

The yellow "wrench" light is the Maintenance Reminder. This light is pre-programmed to come on to alert you when it's due for an Oil and Filter change. After you have the engine oil and filter replaced, the light will need to be reset manually to ensure the light and the actual oil change schedule are in sync. In the meantime... perfectly safe to drive the vehicle. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

Pat, if there are any other questions you had on this, or there was something you were hoping to have addressed that I may have missed in my answer... please feel free to ask!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

Pat, did you want the reset procedure for this light? Just keep in mind, the oil should be replaced at your earliest convenience if you do reset the light.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Pat! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!