Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My "99 crv stop on middle of HWY and I was not able to

Customer Question

my "99 crv stop on middle of HWY and I was not able to start. I replace spark plugs and tested fuel pump
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: engine is turning over and battery is two years old
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 1999 crv
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tested fuel pump replace spark plugs and cables
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I was driving 110km/h and car lost power engine stop to run
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. During the Q&A or when we are done please go to the rating page and rate. It won't close the question or cost extra. I work for you and a positive rating not JustAnswer.

By far the most common cause of your problem is a bad ignition coil or ignition module(ICM). Both are inside of the distributor housing under the cap. It can cause no spark or weak spark. I see this in 99% of all stalling problems on your year of CR-V. If the plugs were worn or worn out it will cause the coil to fail and or the ICM. Make sure to replace the distributor cap and rotor too. Here is a how to video. https://youtu.be/15Vxf9P88lA

Please click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,

~Cliff