Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

I have a 2008 Honda Accord EX. I am getting a thumping sound

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Honda Accord EX. I am getting a thumping sound at low speeds when I come to a stop and when I accelerate
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: Transmission is 8 years old. fuel filter is part of the fuel pump
JA: What is the model of your '08 Honda?
Customer: EX
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have put in an upper control arm/ball joint assembly on passenger side. There was play in that wheel. had all new brakes put in last year.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Honda
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So there are a few possibilities that can cause this.
1) something in the tire. Bolt, nail, or stone in the tread.
2) bearing going bad, esp a wheel bearing. Only seen a few make thumping noises in my life. Not common
3) badly warped rotors. You would know they were warped tho when you slow down the car would shake.
4) a belt or bad cv axle/joint.
So to help I need a little more information.Can you tell which tire the thump is coming from? If you can let me know and I'll give you a few things to check.
If you can't tell, can you get some one to stand out side the car as you drive by slowly see if they can hear it and identify the tire.
Also do you have one that seems to have a slow leak?Let me know and I'll continue to assist.Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Thanks
Sonny