Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.
7276279

My lights on the ac control panel are off and the ac won't

Customer Question

My lights on the ac control panel are off and the ac won't come on. The blower works and the ac comes on only when the lights are on. I have a 99 Honda accord lx
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: I actually just had the evaporator coil replaced and the system charged
JA: What year is your Accord?
Customer: 99
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything yet. Thought it may be the fuse but I checked and it is fine
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Other than the fact that I just had this sudden services and it was working when I left the shop then the lights went off on the panel for the ac control and then came back on when I drove s little further
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello Johnathan, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Start with making sure you checked the correct fuses. The fuses to check is the fuse 13 in the passenger side under dash fuse panel and the Fuse 3 in the driver side under dash fuse panel and also the fuse 58 located in the under hood fuse panel . See the wiring diagram in the link below for reference. If the fuse check okay the system will still not come on the the next step would be to return to the shop that replaced the evaporator core and have them recheck the Freon levels to be sure it did not leak out. Check test thing and let me know the results and we an work from there if need be.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuse%20Jul%2016.pdf

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is not the fuse setup for a Honda Accord LX 99. There is no fuse 58 under the hood. Where is the ac relay switch located? All my fuses are fine. It still comes on got a while then later the lights go out in the panel and ac stops.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

The wiring diagram is for the 1999 LX and the relay is as shown located in the under hood fuse panel and it should be marked.