sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I need the imobilZer code 2000 Honda idysssey

Customer Question

I need the imobilZer code for my 2000 Honda idysssey
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Vin 2hkrl1864yh502747. krL
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The emergency brake lock out code. Lost key. Had one made but it doesn't have a chip in it
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here is the problem. This car is sitting in Dalton, GA at a repo yard. I want to buy it but the key they have is a clone and won't start the car. A green key light is coming on the dash. I want to make them an offer on the car but if I can't crank it I will have to tow it to Honda plus buy it before I even know if it will run or go in gear. I really need this car. I have one I wrecked at home in my garage. I live in Nashville, Tn so if this car won't start I will have to tow it 200 miles. It wouldn't even be worth buying it. My friend''s are building the AutoZone next door and can go over there and see if it will start with the emergency code just to check it. If the repo company fixed this it would cost alot more for the car. It has 240,000 miles on it. I need the code so they can go check the car out for me before I do this.....would hate to buy it and it not run or go in gear.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok so if I can't show proof of ownership can I do this? I have a wrecked 2002 Honda Odyssey in my garage. Can I take the immobilizer on the steering console and ignition switch and change them out? I have the original valet key to the the wrecked one. I just need to get this thing to crank before I buy it.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been open for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to help and let you know why.

Corporate policies prohibit releasing security codes without verifying vehicle ownership in person, and they aren't to be posted in a public venue such as this. Normally you would need to see a dealer with the VIN and proof of ownership to obtain the code, but some will not give the codes out to the public. You not being the owner of the vehicle will most likely present an issue if you try to get the code from a dealer.

What really needs to be done is the current owner of the vehicle contact a dealer in person with proof of ownership and if the dealer's policy allows then they'll be able to release the code to them, and then they can try starting it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I understand but they are a title loan company and they will triple the price if they fix it so...
my question is... can I put the immobilizer and iginition switch from my 2002 that I wrecked on this car? Will it crank? I have a grey valet key. Master key is somewhere...god knows where..
If I switch these out on the steering column should it crank. I heard there are chips in something else that might keep this from working.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't want to tell them why it won't crank.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just hate buying it to get the code and them it still won't crank or drive.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They are willing to take 600 for it so I am really trying to get it. Just had 3 surgeries
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Could I use starting fluid in the breather to see if it will run?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will my 2002 transmission fit this 2000 model?

I'm not able to describe a way to defeat a security system due to liability reasons.

I wouldn't recommend starting fluid but you can see if it runs on carb cleaner sprayed into the throttle body while cranking.

I would need the VIN for both vehicles to try and determine if the transmissions are the same.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am stuck in Missouri this weekend so when l get home l will send u both vin numbers. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome!