Carguy1, certified tech
Experience:  25 years experience, Subaru&Nissan factory trained,Certified Subaru tech

Mu wife drive a 2000 Honda six cly in drive 3 instead of d4

Customer Question

mu wife drive a 2000 Honda six cly in drive 3 instead of d4 what is wrong with driving in the city in drrrive 3
JA: What is the model of your '00 Honda?
Customer: ex six cly
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the Honda dealer do not repair transmissions they charge 4798 for rebuilt however the code po 808 mean trans not repairable I drove the car it seems ok as long as I drive or take slowly
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: I am not a mechanic how the code was erased and the code lignt is off
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: will I tool it to the firestone store first and it had a code p0008 which means trans mission problem the thing is they do not repair trans or the dealer just put in a rebuilt
Category: Honda
Expert:  Carguy1 replied 3 months ago.

HI there,

First, you can drive it in the city at lower speeds in D3 without any problems at all. However, since the transmission is failing, eventually you will likely loose those gears as well.

Second, I would discuss installing a used transmission with the dealer instead of this reman, it could save you several thousand dollars.

Finally, take it to a transmission shop, at least call around and see if a transmission shop can repair it for you.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!