Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics

I have a 2010 Honda Pilot that I am having issues with a

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Honda Pilot that I am having issues with a dead battery. The battery is brand new and the alternator is good. The problem comes when I go to work and come out and the battery is dead. It jumpstarts ok. Something is draining the battery while the car is turned off, I have ensured that all accessories are turned off with the windows and sunroof closed
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Terry! I'm Roz Z. I'll be helping you today. Unfortunately, there is no easy, 1-answer, "it's this..." type of answer here. From what you are describing, it sounds like you have a "draw" somewhere. This is an electrical item that is running when it shouldn't be or has an electrical problem that causes it to continuously draw power. Electrical draws are hard and tedious to find. Best approach is to remove the "NEG" cable from the battery and use a voltage meter in-line between the battery terminal and the connector. There should be a voltage reading. This will be the draw. Then, one at a time, remove the fuses until the voltage on the meter drops. When it does, the items protected by the fuse you removed will need to be tested and inspected for electrical problems. Sorry I could not be more specific here, but like I say, finding electrical problems does take some time and effort. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Terry! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? Is there anything else you needed here, like a wiring diagram? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.