Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Key not turning to start car, Not sure, My husband just

Customer Question

Key not turning to start car
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Not sure
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: My husband just passed its his car
JA: What year is your Honda?
Customer: 2006 ridgeline
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Told his brother check park do steering wheel thing he is outside trying
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No I know it's not stuck or broken think it happened before just can't ask my husbsnd
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where is my response
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

So the key will go in and come out with ease though it will not turn at all?

Is the steering wheel locked unable to move?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** need to tug on the steering wheel in both directions while turning the the key with some aggressiveness. If the steering or lock cylinder will not free then set the parking brake and raise both front wheels off the ground and try once again. If it still sill not allow the key to turn then the tumblers in the cylinder or the key ridges are worn and damaged and a replacement lock cylinder built to match your keys will need to be installed.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris