Greg, import technician
Experience:  Shop Owner / Technician ,. 27 years experience,

Check engine light came on steady,, then the VTM-4 light

Customer Question

Check engine light came on steady,, then the VTM-4 light came on.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on steady
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2007 Honda Pilot
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just started an hour ago. Whether I can fix it myself depends on what the problem is.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Hi .

Thank you for coming to where you get real live professional trained experts to help you with your car questions .

Okay on the Honda when you have a malfunction light come ON this can also automatically rtrip on the VTM-4 light ON.

What you need to do is first get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes .

You will need to visit a good known Honda repair shop or your local dealer to check this for you.

They will hook up a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes , now depending on the code this will trip on the VTM-4 check light icon.

Now if you want to repair this issue yourself then please get back to me with the malfunction code .

But also depending on the code the testing tech will also let you know what you should do .(if this is a helpful shop)

The last time i came up against this issue the problem was just an issue with a customer that had been off road and had a problem with one of the tires and replaced it with the spare which was a different sized tire .

The wrong sized tire cause the two icon light to light up and set codes ,after replacing the correct tire and clearing the codes all was back to normal.

So first check for codes and work from there .

If you had tire problems or have different sized tires take care of this first.

Note if all tires are the correct size but never rotated and now the front or rear tires are more warn down then the others this could also trip the warning lights on.

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.