Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

I have a 2015 honda crv and the ac is not working, the car

Customer Question

I have a 2015 honda crv and the ac is not working, the car only has 20006 miles on it. I can hear the fan when it is on, this morning the fan was blowing very low or not at all
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: how do i do that
JA: What is the model of your '15 Honda?
Customer: EX
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just tried turning it on and off several times
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that i know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you

you welcome , be right back, i want to send you some diagrams to show blower motor

you saying the blower on inside is blowing low correct ?

you dont hear the a/c compressor coming on & off inside the engine compartment?

that is low mileage , but did you just buy truck , has it been sitting or it is a daily driver ?

we might need a blower motor resistor if a/c compressor is working , just low volume of air on inside ,, even the air volume is low but is it cool ?

Please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

these are the part numbers for the blower motor resistor & The blower motors itself , with the time to take to replace

very ease not labor intensive like 0.5 hrs , most like the resistor is bad considering you can still hear it .

Hope I was helpful to you , please let me know if you need anything else on this issue

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post will stay open for you to come back and ask me any follow up questions you may have on this issue even after you rate me

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The blower on the inside is blowing but I can hear it turning versus me not hearing it before. I have had the car for a year and I drive daily. At first this morning, it turned come completely off and then came on with very low fan speed versus before.

my experience and at my shop , the number one reason is the the resistor , that controls the speed of the blower, inside of it there is small resistor for each speed has one resistor so if you had as example 1 3 resistor fail you will loose the 1 ,2 & 3 speed because they are hooked up in series .

so if you lost 4, 3, 2 resistor , you will have only the 1 low speed which what you have now .

the mileage to low for a bad blower and there is not tsb or recalls on them , they just fail suddenly .

it is failry cheap i send you the price under $50