Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+ years experience in the automotive field on all types of vehicles with access to diagrams and repair info.

I backed into a Honda Accord. I think it is a 2015. I

Customer Question

I backed into a Honda Accord. I think it is a 2015. I scratched the drivers side fender right above the drivers side wheel. And a cover inside the wheel well fell out also. There was no dent just scratches. How much do you think I will have to pay to repair this for the driver of that vehicle?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: What page?
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: Very good
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I will have it fixed by an autobody shop.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Lou P replied 3 months ago.

Hello, do you have any pictures of the damages?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no. She is my neighbor and said she would get back to me.
Expert:  Lou P replied 3 months ago.

ok so will you be able to upload a picture a little later? we are not timed and i am in no hurry on my end.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I cant I am at work and I was wondering what cost I was looking at. Can you help figure this out?
Expert:  Lou P replied 3 months ago.

a repair like this can cost about 500$ BUT i would like to see it, depends on how deep the scratches are. the paneling is not an issue its the labor involved to paint the damage and blend it with the rest of the body. a 2" scratch takes about 8"'s of blending around the area.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Does the $500 include labor?
Expert:  Lou P replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Lou P replied 3 months ago.

paint and materials are never the expensive part of bodywork its the labor involved.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This helps me. Thank you so much.
Expert:  Lou P replied 3 months ago.

ok no problem, if you need more help let me know :)

i hope i am wrong and its way cheaper :)

make sure you get 3 different estimates and use that to get the lowest price possible, its a great trick :)

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.