cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years

How can I get an immobilizer brake code honda accord? You

Customer Question

Steve, how can I get an immobilizer brake code for my honda accord? You see I want to take my car to the dealership using the brake code in order to start the car and avoid paying $600 to tow my car the dealership. I'd rather drive it straight there to save the money. All the locksmiths in the the area do not have the right equipment to program a new transponder key for me to my ignition. Its been a frustrating week for me.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here is my VIN for my 2001 Honda Accord for the immobilizer brake code 1HGCG32511A012027. I have done some research and I think you need to get the brake code by VIN.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted the brake code info on your model here.In some cases this can be due to the code being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have access to this code may not be online.Usually this has to be obtained from a dealer unfortunately and they may or may not charge a fee for this.If this was already attempted or is not an option for you here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete thanks for trying to help. I was just trying to get the brake code for my car to avoid paying $600 to tow. I tried with my local Honda dealer and I don't think they know what I'm talking about. I'm sorry I've just been really frustrated not being able to use my car and all I want is to get it back home in one piece.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

I will open your question up to see if anyone else here can assist further on this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 3 months ago.

can you give me your vin number

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2001 Honda Accord
VIN 1HGCG32511A012027
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 3 months ago.

the code i am showing is 7159

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Chloe. I apologize for not getting back sooner. I was informed by a locksmith that there 5 digits not 4. So I'm rather confused on how u got only 4 digits.