Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

2001 honda accord wont start. All lights come on dash but

Customer Question

2001 honda accord wont start. All lights come on dash but wont turn over
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: i think 2 years old. battery is full charge
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: security system would not set. so i put key in ignition turned it on for 10 min. turned back off. now the security lights up when doors lock but still wont start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

The immobilizer system could be the problem, you could try using the key in the outside door locks to reset the security. Also look for a small button under the drivers dash that says security. That is the reset button push and hold it.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan