HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

I have a 2012 accord exl 2.4 l that only gets 15 mpg. All my

Customer Question

I have a 2012 accord exl 2.4 l that only gets 15 mpg. All my driving is city. How can I improve mileage?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

city driving ,and stop & go traffic will kill your gas mileage.

1- you can make sure that the car is always in over drive ,the more the trans shifts the better fuel mileage.

2- turn the a/c off when not needed will be the best thing you can do for gas mileage in city , traffic, but it is summer time , so that could be tough to do.

3- if you are not using high octane gas , you should , but for those engine and how the pcm , a/f ratio is set up , you will spend less gas with premium, so you will save in long run .

4- every 2 fill ups , add like an fuel injector cleaner bottle to the tank and keep fuel system clean will help too .

5- and when you hit the 100k , definitely change the spark plugs

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Answer, I felt was inadequate for my problem, therefore I am rejecting answer and do not want to billed for it as stated in your description of service.

what are were you looking for , was not your question you need better fuel gas mileage ?