HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

1999 CRV Intermittent door lock actuation problem. Not the

Customer Question

1999 CRV Intermittent door lock actuation problem. Not the key fob. Not sure if it is the actuator or the control module. how to troubleshoot. Where is the module? Plenty of videos on replacing the door actuator, Can't find any on the module
JA: Have you checked the battery in the fob? Will the car open with another remote?
Customer: Yes and no. Same intermittent problem with both fobs. Also the drivers door flip lock switch, which should control all doors, also has an intermittent problem. When the fob doesn't work, neither does the switch. The manual button works and the key works.
JA: What is the model of your '99 Honda?
Customer: CRV
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Nothing yet. Still researching trying to determine if actuator or control module. Have replaced door hanle and lock clip, so I know how to take door apart
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Can't think of anything. Can't identify any consistent conditions for when it works or doesn't. Seems random.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Give me a few while I upload some information. Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Justin,What do you need t know in addition to what I sent?

Nothing, and sorry for the delay. It's been quite busy for me. I am available off and on today. I will post some information today. Thanks for your patience.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Justin,I haven't received you answer yet. could I have some feedback please