Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic

Smoke started to come out from under the hood on the

Customer Question

smoke started to come out from under the hood on the passenger side it smell like coolant i looked under the car and i could see the coolant dripping can runs the temperature gauge went up a tiny bit above half
JA: Have you inspected the hoses? Have you checked the radiator fluid?
Customer: i checked there was very little coolant
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2000 civic ex
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i checked radiator cap top radiator hose
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: fan is bypassed to stay on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 3 months ago.

I have been a professional master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.

If you want to try and find the leak yourself all you have to do is stop by any parts store and they will loan you whats called a coolant pressure tester.

You simply remove the radiator cap and pit the pressure tester in its place and pump it up to bulid pressure and any leak will show for you.

I can send you a pic of the pressure tester if you like.

I hope that i have provided the information you were seeking. If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating stars at the top of the page for me to receive credit for working with you. If you have another question about this please let me know so l can continue to help you.