Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet

Just had my 2013 CR-V jump started this morning and a

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: Just had my 2013 CR-V jump started this morning and a spanner light has come on on the dash.
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: Don't know how old it is. Bought it November last year CPO. Not checked the battery gauge.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A mechanic jump started it on my drive. He said it should be OK and I don't need to replace the battery. I wondered what the spanner light meant?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Don't think so..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

The wrench light is usually just a service due indicator. It's supposed to tell you when you are due for service based on time and mileage. The jump start might have just confused the computer. Do you have any kind of a number or letter combination in the display?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, just the wrench light.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Erm...just noticed it says OIL LIFE B1 15%
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

B1- That just means that you are due for an oil change according to the trip computer. If you plan to change the oil yourself you can reset the light through the menu. I can walk you through it. If you are going to have a shop do it then they will normally reset it for you.

Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

The wrench will usually come on once the oil life % drops to a certain level- normally below 20%.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks. I'm going to get a shop to do it.
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional info.