HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

I'm replacing the original d17a1, 2002 civic lx A/T coupe,

Customer Question

I'm replacing the original d17a1 , 2002 civic lx A/T coupe, with JDM D17A. Where do the vtec solenoid wires and knock sensor wire get spliced in at?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: I would like to see a wiring diagram.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, and nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  acura mstr replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer My name is***** here to help you with your problem. The wiring is not that straight forward. You will need some harness adapters and another ECU or a vtec controller. Here is a link to a forum that has the information you are looking for.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Wow, are you kidding me? That's the best help money buys these days. Very unimpressed with this experience,no transaction. Yes it's hard to believe I was charged money for this.I must say I feel dumber for having been through this