Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a Honda CRV 2012 model think its called RM2 i would

Customer Question

Hi
I have a Honda CRV 2012 model think its called RM2
i would like to troubleshoot my radio hey is the problem when i switch off my vehicle and take the keys out of the ignition the display above the radio stays on. I am sure that something is wrong with the radio when we swap out the radio with another things works fine when the vehicle is switched off the display comes off
the model number is ***** REF No. CQ-JH71EBJT
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If your able to switch out the radio with another and the display then turns off like it should this does indicate the fault is in the radio itself.In some cases it is in the software in your radio that the software has an issue and needs reprogrammed by a dealer in order to correct this fault here.Other cases the radio has to be replaced or removed and repaired by an authorized electronics repair facility that can work on this model radio on your vehicle.

I have seen the radio fail and cause this as well as software issues internally with new software needing installed by a dealer to correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi PeteSo my model number is ***** REF No. CQ-JH71EBJT can I switch this out with the 39100-T0A-A520-M1 model
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what is the difference in the two models
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

39100-T0A-A520-M1 shows that it will also fit the 2012 to 2014 model year vehicles.If it plugs in and operates properly then no programming is needed but if you plug it in and it does not work then a Honda dealer will need to program it to your model but it does show that it should fit your model here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

I dont show a difference on these myself.I think the 39100-T0A-A520-M1 was just made at a later date.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you have the schematics pinout for the 39100-T0A-A313 -M1 ? or 39100-T0A-A520 -M1Would the radio frequency band be the same ?Also I read that i will have to enter some codes when i swap out the radio is this true if I am purchasing one on ebayWould they have to give me the codes ?
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

You can ask the seller on ebay for the code for the radio and if they do not have it then you would need to obtain the code from either a dealer or in some cases from here https://radio-navicode.honda.com/.Unfortunately I do not have the pin out diagrams on these models here myself.

Thanks Pete