HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I am just trying to find the right air to fuel ratio sensor

Customer Question

I am just trying to find the right air to fuel ratio sensor to buy. Is the correct part number 36531-PLM-306 for 05 Civic LX. Does it matter if the part origin is from China or Japan?
The scan showed no activity from both sensors I replaced both but it then said no acitivity from my upstream sensor but I bout the universal sensor and black black white blue instead of the black black white green that was on originally in the car? I
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 5 months ago.

Yes you need the factory sensor from Japan or from the dealer or the system will continue to give you a check engine light as these systems are so temperamental any aftermarket sensor will not work .Replacing it with a factory sensor this will fix the issue .These are the next steps.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Im here if you ever need further assistance .

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-OEM-01-05-Civic-Oxygen-Sensor-36531PLM306-36531-PLM-306-/302002036128?hash=item4650b95da0:g:oaYAAOSw-KFXdo2-&vxp=mtrCan you confirm if that would be the correct purchase. The sensor I took off the car had###-##-####but this had###-##-####and a different number at the bottom. Does that matter?

That is the correct sensor and will work correctly with the vehicles ECM.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Im here if you ever need further assistance .

Did you need any further assistance?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry to be a pest but I have lost $400 already. Would this one work as its a bit cheaper but doesnt have the same blue head? You did not confirm if the number sequence on the sensor matters?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-HONDA-CIVIC-04-05-A-F-Ratio-Sensor-OEM-Part-No-36531-PLM-306-/301488454932?hash=item46321cbd14:g:-nsAAOSwm8VUtzu3&vxp=mtrThanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry to be a pest but I have lost $400 already. Would this one work as its a bit cheaper but doesnt have the same blue head? You did not confirm if the number sequence on the sensor matters?http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuin…Thanks

Part number needs to be exactly the same use this site to get the correct factory part so you know you have the correct part .

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am a bit confused. I know the part # ***** *****I have taken a picture of the one I out of my car. The number sequence below the Denso, is that the same on all sensors or is it specific to just that specific sensor

Its specific to your car and engine and ECM thats the exact sender you need I would go to the dealer with the sensor and the Vin Number so you are 100 percent sure its correct .These are the next steps.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Im here if you ever need further assistance .