Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

Gh mileage 1996 accord 4cyl w/vtec distributer repeatedly

Customer Question

High mileage 1996 accord 4cyl w/vtec distributer repeatedly leaking oil at internal shaft seal, initial fail of factory dist. two aftermark dist did the same within days, found a blockage in pvc hose thinking we had solved issue 90 days later same problem on third aftermarket dist. Pvc vale is free and connection hose is new to the intake. Oil or combustion pressure is unseating the oil seal and pushing it up distributer shaft, head gasket replaced last year and head resurfaced due to an external oil leak at back of the head above oil filter. 250k on engine but absolutely no water or oil usage other than this distributer leak. Thx in advance
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

I would do a leak down test on each cylinder, you could have excessive blow by from worn piston rings.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan