Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2006 Honda Civic starts and then shuts off and then I see a

Customer Question

2006 Honda Civic starts and then shuts off and then I see a blinking green key light. How do I reset to keep the car running?
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I was told by forum online to reset to hold trip meter down with car on the on position wait 20secs and turn car on to reset.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No the battery is less than a year old and had issues with battery dying quickly in the past
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

How did the online rest option you found work out?

Do you have a diagnostic tool to see if there are codes stored?

So far with this information, an HDS tool to reprogram the keys to the vehicle is looking like your best option.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.