Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. domestic and imports. Class A collision tech

I have a Honda Accord 2006 coupe. It was running perfectly

Customer Question

I have a Honda Accord 2006 coupe. It was running perfectly fine, and now it stars fine but will not accelerate. The engine light has also come on.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: It is the orgini all transmission and no, I have not checked fuel filters.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If I press the accelerator nothing seems to be happening.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nothing. I am looking at it now, and if it's an easy fix then yes... It would be great to fix myself... Not sure if I can?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: The VSA ! Light has come on as well
Category: Honda
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.

If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,