Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2008 Honda Accord. A portion of the driver's seat

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Honda Accord. A portion of the driver's seat frame had lost its protective padding and has worn a slit into the cover (approximately at my right shoulder blade). How do I remove the cloth cover? I have hopes of ironing a paatch on the inside of the cover.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I have opened the back to the extent as far as the zippers will open. I found the plastic clips that help hold it in place. That's as far as I can go without damaging anything.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I cana remove the head rest, but do not know how to detach the 'grommets' for the holes. Can I remove the cover without removing the entire seat?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Not many techs online today and we are busy busy. Sorry for the long delay. I believe I can help on this concern if you still want or need help?

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
A friend advised that it would be in my best interest to take the car seat to an upholsterer to have the cut repaired. This is also the response I sent to JustAnswers about 5 hours ago. I will no need my question answered.

Another option if you did not know of is to but another seat cover from Honda. I show they are still available. Do make sure to address the foam on the frame that has caused this tear. Glad you have a fix that will work for you already on the radar.