Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

I found mouse droppings in my cabin air filters(2003 Honda

Customer Question

I found mouse droppings in my cabin air filters(2003 Honda CRV). Can you tell me where in air intake is, so I can place a screen over it
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Have you checked the spark plugs?
Customer: Fuel mileage is fine
JA: What is the model of your '03 Honda?
Customer: CRV Realtime 4wd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes fix myself, changed filters and vacuumed out blower
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

The intake is under the plastic windshield cowl(base) trim. Mice are pretty clever and can squeeze through small holes. Be sure to cover the opening completely. I drill small holes for sheet metal screws then screw down the screen with screws and fender washers. Make sure the screen is not too fine or it will plug up over time. Fine enough to keep out the mice but not too fine. I have included the instructions for removing the trim to gain access.

Please click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,