Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

It a 2005 Honda Odyssey the check engine light went on and

Customer Question

It a 2005 Honda Odyssey the check engine light went on and vsa took to auto zone to get codes read and said spark plugs and all 6 coils so we changed it all out and the check engine light is still on and then after driving a bit vsa light kicks on and you can't go to 3 rpm over 40 mph without it starting To shake like want to turn off i let off the gas and have to pick up speed slowly then runs fine as long as not going over 3 rpm the code thing at auto zone said it coils but all our coils are new and oil changes are done every 3000 miles what else could it be I don't know if it related or not but since then we also haven't been able to use cruise control
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: No but I did take to auto zone they said it was reading all 6 coils are bad
JA: What is the model of your '05 Honda?
Customer: Exl
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes just replaced spark plugs and coils
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That is all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is a common symptom of a clogged catalytic converter. Completely remove front oxygen sensor from exhaust and if this allows rpm to go past 3000 you know the converter is clogged. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.