Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I tried too many times to reset my radio code and now I get

Customer Question

I tried too many times to reset my radio code and now I get code error e. How can I get it to pay attention to me again? Thank you!
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page. Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: Yes and I have the code
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2009 Odyssey
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I always entered it with no problem before but I messed up this time and now it seems to have locked me out. it's frozen
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

You can disconnect the battery or remove the radio memory or back-up fuse. The fuse is #5 or #7 in the drivers side under-dash fuse box. #7 is for the EX-L and touring models. Leave the battery disconnected or leave the fuse out for at least 15 min to be sure the radio resets. If it fails to reset unhook both battery cables and touch them together. This clears out all of the residual memory.

Please click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,

~Cliff

Oops forgot the diagram and fuse box location.

Thanks again,

~Cliff