Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

The drivers side window will not roll down. All the other

Customer Question

Hi, The drivers side window will not roll down. All the other windows work fine
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: well. it would stop periodically when, seemingly dependent on whether or not it was hot outside. Now that it is hot all the time it has been broken for a couple weeks
JA: What year is your Honda?
Customer: Odyssey 2009
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we haven't tried anything yet. Looking for somewhere to start. I would like to fix it myself.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It doesn't work from the keyfob, or if I use the key in the drive and do a turn in either direction. ALl the other windows do
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE master tech, glad to help you with this.

The first thing to do is pull the door panel, and check for power when the window switch is pressed. If you have power replace the window regulator. If you do not have power, then you might have a problem with the switch.

You can use a test light to check this. They are available at any auto parts store.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have?

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan