Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic

I have a 2004 Acura TSX. The driver side ac has started

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Acura TSX. The driver side ac has started blowing hot air but the passenger side is still cool. After driving for a while at high speeds the driver side will cool down but never gets as cold as the passenger side
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: coolant was fine. havent check for a radiator leak
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: if i can. i havent tried anything so far. i read something about resetting the actuator?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no thats it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 3 months ago.

I have been a professional master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.

This is due to a problem with the driver side air mix control motor. It controls the temp of the driver side air coming from the vents. Its really buried up under the dash and will need replaced. below is what it looks like.

click here

My goal is that you are satisfied with my answer(s). I strive for a 5 star positive rating. It's the only way i get credit. You can still ask me questions for free after the rating.