Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

Power outlets quit working, 2012 civic, Checked fuse 12 and

Customer Question

Power outlets quit working
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2012 civic
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuse 12 and 27. Car has 2 weeks left on warranty. Should i take it in?
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: Loa]cated fuse box. fuses are fine.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I had hardly ever used them. once in a while for gps
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

Before taking it into the dealership try checking fuse #19 in the same fuse box you were in before. It's a 7.5 amp fuse. There are actually 3 fuses for the outlets. if it's OK then I suggest taking it into the dealer. The outlets do have relay's which would be a warranty repair. Might as well use your warranty while you can!

Please click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,