Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

2001 HONDA CRV AC COMPRESSOR HAD A BEARING NOISE WAS COOLING

Customer Question

2001 HONDA CRV AC COMPRESSOR HAD A BEARING NOISE WAS COOLING OK, BUT NOISE WAS LOUD , I REPLACED TO COMPRESSOR AND NOW THE NEW COMPRESSOR WILL WORK BUT EVERY ABOUT 15 MINUTES WITH CYCLE ON AND OFF EVERY COUPLE OF SEC AND STAYS CYCLING ON AND OFF UNTILL I TURN OFF VEHICLE AND RESTART OCASSIONALY WILL KEEPS CYCLING AND OTHER TIMES WILL WORK JUST FINE FOR FEW MINUTES THEN START CYCLING ON AND OFF, WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR , CHARGED SYSTEM AND PRESSURES SEEMS TO BE GOOD.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

What you describe sounds like an AC system with just a little bit too much freon (or air and freon mix). When you charged it did you vacuum the system for at least 10 minutes?

Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

30 minutes is best, ***** ***** kind of vacuum when doing it at home is tough.

Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

Also, what kind of pressure are you getting on the high and low side with the engine running?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

system was evacuated by a machine my mechanic, pressure on high and low sides according to him are high , trying to get some information it seems that his head is spinning, he is trying to guess that there is a restriction in the system somewhere,

Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

Sorry, your question wouldn't let me lock in to respond last night.

The only place for a restriction in this system would be the expansion valve. Normally, however when the expansion valve malfunctions the system pulls a vacuum on the low side and then about 70 PSI on the high side.

For both sides to be high it just sounds like the system is overcharged. If there was a restriction one side would be higher or lower than normal. If both sides are high then the system just seems to have too much pressure- too much freon causes too much pressure.

I suppose the expansion valve could be stuck wide open, but then it wouldn't really blow very cold at all.

Expert:  Jared D replied 8 months ago.

I wanted to see if you need any more help with this one.

Please let me know if you do.

Don't forget to rate if you no longer need assistance.