Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. domestic and imports. Class A collision tech

Honda 2006 Odyssey RH power side door. Cable is broke. door

Customer Question

Honda 2006 Odyssey RH power side door. Cable is broke. door wont open. except that the rear of the door unlatches and comes out an inch.
JA: What is the model of your '06 Honda?
Customer: ex
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. I have the inside panel off at the back seat. to see if i could access motor.. I can see it but that all
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: van 120k
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: auto
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

You have to remove the center rail cover, (on the outside) and the tail light assembly to release the cable from the center rail as well as the front pulley.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thanks.
How can you take the center rail cover if the door doesnt open. You can take the back off no problem . What about the front? Is it held in with clips that you can easily slip it out or is it bolted in like the back of the coverthanks

You should be able to with the inner door panel off. I have attached a diagram from the instructions, thanks