Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

Battery charged, engine was cranking no start, now just

Customer Question

battery charged, engine was cranking no start, now just clicks when ignition switch on start
JA: Has the car been stalling out? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: no driving for past week, no stalling out
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2000 honda accord v6 235,000 mi
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: jump start , no work
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: hot and humid weather usually messes with my battery
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Sounds like it is time to replace your starter. If you hear a click that means the solenoid is getting the voltage to start. You said your battery is charged and you jump started. So that rules out the battery, which just leaves the starter.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help?

Thanks Dan