HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2015 element and i lost the fob. the cars alarm is

Customer Question

i have a 2015 element and i lost the fob. the cars alarm is engaged and i cannot turn it off or start the car. it's killed the ignition. i lock, unlock with key and tried all the cheats online but i still can't get it turn off alarm. any ideas?
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: 2005 element
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: car is in park. tried using the key and put ignition into the III position 5 times but it doesn't disarm. tried locking manually, with key, and then with electric switch. all fails.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no, just that it's missing the fob. it's been fine but i used the key to open the hatch and it chirped 2x and alarm has been enabled ever since.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

offcourse the car need to be scanned to retrieve the fault codes but try that if you have not already

Have you tired this

Master Reset Procedure

1-Disconnect battery ( Both Cables ,The Negative & The Positive Cable )
2-Touch Cables together and hold 20 secs and let go
3-Hold Brake pedal down 10 secs
4-Wait 10 minutes and then Reconnect Battery
5-Close all the doors ,hood & trunk .
6-lock the car with key from driver door ( IF your car is Equipped with a bladeless key then just locked with the keyFob
7- Unlock car & Start your vehicle