HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2012 Honda Pilot keeps blowing tail light fuse, 4wd switch

Customer Question

2012 Honda Pilot keeps blowing tail light fuse, 4wd switch doesn't work.
JA: Have you had any recent electrical work done on the car? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: Not that I can recall, it is my daughter's SUV. She brought it to a mech she knows and he told her it may need a new fuse panel. I am a licenced mech but am sidelined due to foot surgery.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Apparently they tried replacing the fuse a few times and on each try it blue. Apparently everything else works except the taillights and 4wd switch, am doing some research to narrow down the possibilities. Being unable to walk is not helping matters.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Is there any recalls on 2012 Pilots for tail lights and or 4wd sw?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is Cliff(Honda-Man) thanks for asking your question. Please give me a moment to gather information. If you wait here I will be right back!

Thank You,

~Cliff

Does it have a hitch and trailer light wiring?

The fuse for the taillights is also for the license plate lights and front/rear marker lights.