Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

I tried to install a back view camera on 2006 Honda

Customer Question

I tried to install a back view camera on 2006 Honda Ridgeline
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

It's very common for the fuse #21 in the under-dash fuse box to blow when installing the back-up camera. When this happens the gear shift won't move. I have included the location and diagram for fuse #21. replace this fuse and it will be OK again.

Please click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It did not successful and I could not move my gear shift from p position.
Then I disconnected battery powder for 20 minutes to reset, but it did help

What wires were you connecting to? What colors?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will try it tomorrow
I do not have that kind of fuse now too late tonight

OK Please rate, you can still come back for help after rating. I will be online early waiting for you if needed.

Thank you,