Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

My battery died on my 2004 accord. When I place jumper

Customer Question

My battery died on my 2004 accord. When I place jumper cables on the battery the car alarm goes off and won't stop. What can I do?
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: Battery is about 6 months old
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. The battery is getting juice from the jump, but horn won't stop.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Horn goes off as soon as I place the jumper cables on the battery
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. I have over 21 years experience repairing strictly Honda vehicles.

To reset the alarm put the key in the drivers door lock cylinder. Then connect the battery, having 2 people will reduce the time the alarm is going off. As soon as the alarm sounds turn the key to lock then unlock. It might take a few tries but will eventually reset the alarm system. It will be OK after this procedure is done.

Just a friendly reminder to click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please at least say you are happy or satisfied. This is how I get paid by the site for my time so it's very important.

Thank you,