Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

My son is out on the ghway in Iowa, he has been driving from

Customer Question

My son is out on the highway in Iowa, he has been driving from near Chicago, IL. The engine light came on, and his 2007 Honda civic won't go over 4 mph and starts shaking. We just got the engine replaced (under warrenty) due to the engine block leaking by a Honda dealership.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: The engine turns over, the battery was just replaced about 4 monthes ago.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not unless it's very simple. He tried turning off the engine and restarting it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So I need a little more info, does the engine light flash or stay on solid when the engine shakes? And does it idle ok or is it rough?Let me know and I'll assist as best as possible