Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

My 2002 honda odyssey won't start, Something clicks but the

Customer Question

My 2002 honda odyssey won't start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Something clicks but the engine does not turn over.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have hooked my truck to it and tried to start via cables. It does the same thing: one click but nothing else.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. I have over 21 years experience repairing strictly Honda vehicles.

Does the click come from the engine compartment? Once each tie you turn the key to start?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think so
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the reply and information. That click is the starter solenoid. It's the part on top of the starter. The connection between the battery cable and starter motor inside the solenoid is bad or the starter itself is bad. It's usually best to replace the starter for this problem. Sorry but it looks like you need a new starter. The starter approx cost is $113

Labor and the starter is approx $200.

Just a friendly reminder to click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please at least say you are happy or satisfied. This is how I get paid by the site for my time so it's very important.

Thank you,