Tracer3, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, L1, Honda owner, Shop owner foreign/domestic

I am having the hot air on air conditioner and cold on

Customer Question

I am having the hot air on air conditioner and cold on passenger side. Odyssey 2006. Had new freon put in and works on some days and not others
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: my mechanic thinks it could be the H valve or something?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: but won't be able to tell until they replace it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i was doing some research and saw this to be a common issue on odyssey. I saw a vent motor to a leaks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tracer3 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, by your description? you have a bad or going bad drivers side air temperature blend door actuator. It is mounted on the drivers side of the HVAC case and controls temps on drivers side, If going bad? the plastic gears can strip inside and may work one time then not the next,. I highly suspect you need the drivers side blend door actuator. see these 2 links I have included