HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I won't start. I press brake and start button. nothing

Customer Question

I won't start. I press brake and start button. nothing happens,except all malfunction lights blink and click.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no, i dont have a scan tool.
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Honda Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2016 CRV with 1000 miles.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I followed the recomended staerting procedures as presented in the owner's guide.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: yesterday the gearshift stuck in park.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  acura mstr replied 5 months ago.

I'M sorry you are having problems with such a new car. This sounds like a bad battery. Even new cars can sometimes have a bad battery or a drain on the system. You can call Honda roadside assistance and they will jump start the car for you or take you to the nearest dealer . This will be covered under the vehicle warranty.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.