Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Iona Honda Civic 2012 locked the keys in the trunk only have

Customer Question

Iona Honda Civic 2012 locked the keys in the trunk only have one remote the lock on the inside of the car is in lock position as well that releases the trunk due to safety does the back seat come down
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: Not sure what the miles have to do with it but no I've never locked the keys in my trunk I wanted to know does the back seat come down to allow me to get the keys out
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I only have one master key which Pop the trunk it is in the trunk does the back seat come down that's the only question I'm asking you I have my valet key which does not open from the inside just the doors and my ignition
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Ni No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. Continue >>
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. I have over 21 years experience repairing strictly Honda vehicles.

Some of the rear seats have a release on the top rear shelf. Unfortunately it requires a key to release the seat back. The release on other cars is in the trunk. Your options are call a locksmith or force the trunk release by the drivers seat. When locked they are easy to force past the lock. It will probably damage the release but should be less expensive than a locksmith. Sorry but these are you only 2 options in this situation.

Just a friendly reminder to click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please at least say you are happy or satisfied. This is how I get paid by the site for my time so it's very important.

Thank you,

~Cliff