Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I have a 2006 Honda crv I turn the key to start, the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Honda crv I turn the key to start, the ignition lights come on and I have full power they do not dim, the engine will not turn over, it has a new battery and terminals have been cleaned, when I try to start I can hear a clicking from a box coming from drivers side under the dash, for the past couple of as I am driving I have heard this box under the dash clicking away
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you today
Is there any security light flashing on dash when key is in the on or start position
Do you have one key or 2 keys for itLet me know
Thanks. Chad (aka-Customer
1-There is starter cut ou relay under the driver fuse dash needs checking
2-fuse #20 in the under dash fuse box needs to be checked , I sent you the diagram and location of it
Also check fuse #2 in same box .Can you check and let me knowChad (aka-Customer
I will be online all day till 12 pm ,Chad
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i have put in a used igniction switch in , i have a key for the igniction and i have the original key for the door locks, i will check those fuses and how can i check the starter cut out relay
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i forgot to mention that there are no security lights on when in the start position
Ok let me know the relay you need a tester to check it if you found one like swap it and see if it will work , I m not to happy about a used ignition switch, how do you know it is good, is possible for you to check power to starter with a test light while somebody trying to start the car ,are you getting 12v to the starter?Chad
By the way , I like for you to check all fuses , regardless to what they go , the underwood fuse box & the under dash oneLet me know please
This small box should be found under hood , check that too , it has #32 fuse going to the Maine relay
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hey chad, I have checked all the fuses with test light, all ok, since the starter is a choir to get at I want to elininate the starter cut off relay first where can I find it
Hey how are you
let me look for it and send it to you , I m off today . But I will look up for you this evening and send what I have on it for location .i m driving and on iPhone hard to look up stuff on it
Chad