Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Security alarm, I just bought a 1999 Honda Accord ex coupe

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: Security alarm
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: I just bought a 1999 Honda Accord ex coupe and It's a mess. There is no key fob. I just got the car running and locked it for the first time (manuall of course). I discovered this morning that I can't unlock it with a key in the driver door (lock assembly likely broken). My passenger window slides down half way by pushing it down, so I pushed it down and unlocked the passenger door from the inside. Opened the passenger door to reach over and unlock the driver door and now the alarm is going crazy. I didn't even know the car had an alarm!! How can I disable it until I can get a key fob and the lock repaired? I'm a cop and I'm late Getting to my office this morning.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Disconnected negative battery
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most likely the reason for the alarm going off is due to the cylinder being broken or damaged.When it wasnt unlocked by the drivers door cylinder this caused the alarm to go off like this here.Unfortunately I do not see a way to bypass this here myself.The cylinder will need to be inspected to see if the cylinder itself needs replaced or if any other component in the door needs replaced or repaired.Once this is done this should correct the fault here.

The only other way I see for this to be disabled is if this model was used with a key fob/remote you might try and obtain one from a dealer and have it programmed to then use it to lock and unlock the doors and this should keep it from setting off the alarm again and then you may be able to wait on having the cylinder inspected and repaired/replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete