Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics
18617752

Well I got a code p2185 engine temp sensor on my 2005 2door

Customer Question

Well I got a code p2185 engine temp sensor on my 2005 2door with a 2.4 Dohc and I need to know location of it please
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the thermostat ever been replaced?
Customer: I haven't but I don't know if previous owner did
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2005 accord ex with the I-vetch 2.4 Dohc
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am hoping to fix it my self,, because I am unemployed now so I need it get it inspected and look for work
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No just the check engine light on and I check the code at Autozone and that's what came up with P2185
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

The P2185 points to a problem with the ECT-2. This sensor is located at the bottom of the radiator, near the lower radiator hose. Best access is from under the vehicle. If equipped, the splash shield will need to be removed first. For an image location view, click here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i702wkdsmvgag08/hon-ect2.jpg?dl=0

If you found this answer helpful, please help me and leave a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

..