Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

07 Honda civic was checking the gh side pressure switch and

Customer Question

07 Honda civic was checking the high side pressure switch for voltage and when I probed the wire the car shut down and now the green key light is blinking and the drive light is blinking.
JA: Any trouble turning the key in the ignition? Do you have a key fob?
Customer: No trouble turning the ignition. Car turns over just won't fire. The security light is blinking.
JA: What year is your Civic?
Customer: 07
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes fix myself.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that's all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. I have over 21 years experience repairing strictly Honda vehicles.

Your 07 Civic A/C uses a pressure sensor not a pressure switch. It is a sensitive circuit not meant to be probed or jumpered like the old style switch. The low voltage reference signal circuitry gets damaged inside the engine control module. This damages the entire low voltage ECM circuitry so the immobilizer system can't operate correctly. The end result is you will need to replace the engine control unit. It will need to be reprogrammed before it will start because of the immobilizer codes or key codes. This will require a mobile locksmith or towing it to the dealer. Sorry for the bad news, I see this problem several times a month during the warmer weather.

Just a friendly reminder to click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please at least say you are happy or satisfied. This is how I get paid by the site for my time so it's very important.

Thank you,