justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

Instructions and reinstalling a air mix motor 2006 Honda

Customer Question

Instructions for removing and reinstalling a air mix motor for a 2006 Honda pilot
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

Here are instructions taken directly from my service information. If you have any questions during the replacement process just be sure to post back to this thread at no additional cost.

1. Disconnect the 7P connector (A) from the air mix control motor (B). Remove the rod (C) of the air mix control motor from the air mix control linkage (D). Remove the self-tapping screws and the air mix control motor from the heater unit.
  2. Install the motor in the reverse order of removal. Make sure the pin on the motor is properly engaged with the linkage. After installation, make sure the motor runs smoothly.

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there any specific temperature setting to be on when removing/installing? I have replaced the unit and the motor works but it is still blowing hot and the arm does not move as I turn the dial each click. It moves when I move the dial halfway and then stops.

I usually switch it to full cold before removing. You should always note the position of the armature of the new motor and try to switch the old motor to that position before removing it.

I think they come already set to full cold. It sounds like it might be out of sync a bit. I would try switching the system to full cold, removing the motor, manually move the levers of the heater box to the opposite way, then try installing the air mix motor.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What if I did not do that? How do I correct it?

Do what I mentioned in the above post. Switch the system to full cold, remove the air mix motor, then manually move the lever of the heater levers to the opposite way. The hook up the air mix motor (do not install it onto the heater box). With the air mix motor connected turn the system to full cold. Then see if you can install the air mix motor. if the air mix motor will not line up then move the heater box levers to where the air mix motor will line up. With the air mix motor connected, but not installed, when you turn the system to full cold you know the air mix motor will be set to full cold so you just need to move the heater box levers to match the air mix motor. I hope that makes sense.

Please remember to rate me positively so I get credit. I will continue chatting with you if needed at no additional charges. Thanks

any news here?