Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. domestic and imports. Class A collision tech
2947720

Can you tell me what 1738 code is six cylinder Honda ex

Customer Question

can you tell me what 1738 code is for a six cylinder Honda ex accor
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: the garage gave me code number yes the resest the first time two days ago and the engine light came back on I have found on internet what 0740 is but have not found 1738
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2002 Honda accord ex has the V6 engine in it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not hoping to try to fix myself, I just spent $3,000 5,000 miles /2 months ago on belts, new radiator, tune up etc. I am trying to understand what the code says so I can decide whether to take this car to the dump or have it fixed
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no the guy who does the quote to let me know cost is on vacation so that garage has my car but no estimate yet. I am trying to look at my options
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

….

DTC P1738: Problem in 2nd Clutch Pressure Switch Circuit

Possibly a bad pressure switch in the trans.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,