HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I HAVE 1998 HONDA CIVIC LX STARTS BEAUTIFULLY WHEN COLD

Customer Question

I HAVE 1998 HONDA CIVIC LX STARTS BEAUTIFULLY WHEN COLD ...TWO THING HAPPEN after ive run the car for 15 min.....if ive stalled the car it is very hard to restart ..lots of resistance..if i pour gas in aspirator i.e. the barrel under air filter starts right up no problem ..the problem happen when ive driven the 15 min. and then i park for 20min then its over but wont start...again by adding gas it will start up easily..what my problem?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is either a plugged fuel filter or a weak fuel pump, have you checked the fuel filter yet?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
TIM....IVE REPLACED THE FUEL FILTER/WITH NO IMPROVEMENT...THE MOST CURIOUS THING IS THAT AFTER ITS WARMED UP IT IS DIFFICULT TO GET TO TURN OVER ...MY BATTERY IS VERY STRONG...BUT BY MANUALLY ADDING GAS IT TURNS OVER AND START UP WITH NO RESISTANCE ..I.E. NORMALLY...WHAT CAUSES THE RESISTANCE AND HOW DOES THE ADDING OF THE GAS CHANGE THE GAME?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.

so when its hot, the starter actually turns over slower, but when you ad gas, it spins faster???

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
TIM......THIS IS THE CASE..YES WITH THE ADDITION OF .GAS IT STARTS AS ADVERTISED..SO WHAT YOUR ANALYSE................................BRIAN
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.

ADDING GAS TO THE INTAKE SHOLD NOT HAVE ANY EFFECT ON THE STARTR MOTOR OPERATION, EXCEPT TO LUBE THE CYLINDERS A LITTLE, HAVE LOAD TESTED THE STARTER ON THE CAR, OR BENCH TESTED IT?