HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

I have a 2009 Honda CRV. My Ac is not working. two years ago

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Honda CRV. My Ac is not working. two years ago I took it to the dealership in MA and paid 400 plus dollars to have it fixed. How could it be broken again. I am mad
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: I will check that out, thank you. I guess I can do that with my local car guy?
JA: What is the model of your '09 Honda?
Customer: CRV
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would love some hints to fix myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Joshua Davenport replied 4 months ago.

Good evening. I'm sorry you are having trouble with CRV. First and Foremost we would need to know if the refrigerant is at its proper level. That's the first step on an A/C system diagnoses. The most common problem with Honda air conditioners is the clutch on the compressor. Another item is the Relay for the clutch. Both of these are pretty common. Usually don't see any other problems with them though.